Sunday, July 6, 2008

splurge. last one for a while.

This past weekend, my good shopping pal Darci and I ventured to the Outlets in Allen. Our first stop was of course the new Coach outlet. Amy and I have been in much anticipation of it opening ever since we saw it was coming the spring of 2008 online about a year ago. I drool everytime I'm in there, and yes, I'm a conformer to society, becoming infatuated with those little C's that cost such a pretty little penny just because someone decided to say they were cool so everyone wants one. So kill me. The fact is, yes, everything in the store is pricey, but I love it. Good quality product and carrying around a handbag or wallet you just are in love with...well, there is nothing better. I am a sucker for handbags and wallets. Sorry. Call it a downfall. I could be a sucker for cigarettes, so it could be worse.


As we were browsing the goodies, I came across a wallet in the 50% section. There was ONE. Sitting all by its lonesome. I quickly checked the tag, wondering what the damage was. Every other bag or wallet I had looked at gave me severe sticker shock. It was a good sized wallet so I thought there was no way. The original sticker price...well, let's just say it was in the triple digits. But then, I noticed the glorious handwriting in red ink...marked down to double digits...and then...looking up, saw it was marked 50% off. It couldn't be true! I quickly tracked down an associate and I think she was a little frightened by my mad dash at her to ask, "Is this really 50% off???? There are no more like it, it was the only one over there!" She saw my excitement and walked over to the section. Looking around, she proceeded to tell it was in fact 50% off and that I had found a really great deal, there weren't anymore left. She even looked in the drawers and found nothing. She said, "Don't put that jewel down!" Thinking to myself, are you crazy? No way. I had a death grip on that thing. I think she was a bit jealous she didn't see it first.


So long story short, it's mine. I look at it all day. Everytime I get out my wallet to pay, I smile. It is so cute and it makes me feel happy. Yes, it's a wallet. I know. But it's the little things in life, right? I will probably use it until it starts literally falling apart. Here is a picture of my little feel-good.



No comments: