Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cracked-out Blackberry.

So, this morning...as I was reading an email....my phone just decides to freeze up. The screen goes black and the little white pearl is glowing all by its lonesome. I take out the battery, charge the phone, try everything. Nada.

I proceed to load up Dakota (not what I wanted to be doing this morning!) and head over to T-Mobile. Thankfully, the store is not very far from our house and it was empty. She tests my phone, and I was just waiting for her to say, "I'm sorry, you are no longer under warranty and your phone is dead. You will have to buy a new one." But instead, she proceeds to tell me that it's not my battery, and the water damage signal is not showing, so behold! I get a new phone! After of course I have to jump through more hoops and call the specific Blackberry tech support.

I managed to weasel my way into getting a white one (hopefully: fingers crossed!) because I'm a little burnt out on the red. I am still a little annoyed because even after my great haggling skills, I had to pay $9.99 plus taxes (thank you) to have it shipped. In 7 days. Because I didn't opt for the warranty. Oy. Whatever. Just send me my dang phone. Luckily I still have my good ole trusty pink Razr. It's kind of nice going back to basics, although texting now is a little slower than usual. Gotta get used to it on this phone again.

In other news, Jared had a great first shift yesterday for those who were wondering. He worked from 7 a.m. until about 8 p.m. but he said he didn't mind the 12 hour shift. He said it was great to be in the ER and I got an email at about 5 p.m. stating he loved his job! So that was a positive. He also told me last night it was pretty cool to hear over the intercom system: "Dr. Schreiner, paging Dr. Schreiner to the front desk" and also thought it was cool that nurses were asking him for approvals. Finally, the hard work is starting to pay off! Today may be a different story, though, as he may get yelled at by an attending claiming he is a stupid intern. Who knows. But still, it's pretty cool to see him excited about being a doctor. It's been a long time coming. (And he looks pretty cute in his black scrubs that say Dr. Schreiner Emergency Medicine on them.)

I am getting ready to go pick up my good friend Darci from the airport. She is here until Saturday and I'm sure we'll find plenty to do to cause some trouble. i.e. lots of Mexican food, Ikea and Coach outlet shopping.

Have a safe and great 4th, everyone!

1 comment:

Erin Shipps said...

I am SO glad that Jared loves his job! I can just picture it. How cool!