Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a high note to a crappy day.

You know how you can just tell it's going to be an off day? Like nothing really goes right and it seems as if everything is fighting against you? That was today. I knew it was going to be that way when I couldn't sleep last night. Jared was running late this morning and he still was fighting that stupid cold. My new phone wouldn't read my micro card and Dakota was to fighting me to eat. I was a little emotionally annoyed about my work/hobby situation. Nighttime was a little rough. Dakota had a really hard time getting to bed, I really just wanted to relax and watch SYTYCD, Jared was way late and I had no dinner plans. Finally, at 8:30 I laid Dakota down and she didn't fight the sleep. Just a few short minutes later, Jared called and was on his way home. I don't give my husband enough credit where credit is due. He is literally my rock. I am so blessed to have him as my teammate and husband. He knows just what to say, even when he is ending a 14-hour shift dealing with sick patients and telling one he has cancer. The first thing he told me was how the brownies were a huge hit at the hospital and all the nurses loved them and couldn't believe how good they were. That was nice to hear. He then proceeded to talk to me about my struggles with finding work. And like the supportive, caring husband he is, reassured me that I could do anything I set my heart on and to go for it. So that's what I'm going to do. Thanks also to everyone that gave me some encouragement today. It really helps to have friends and family lookin out for me. It turns out my life isn't bad at all. I am very blessed and lucky to lead the life I live. Loving family, friends who I can turn to at any time, a great husband, a beautiful daughter, 2 fun doggies and lots of laughter. And an opportunity to stay at home with my daughter and raise her to be an awesome, caring and passionate person as a full-time job. And lots of creative ideas to boot. Good night!

1 comment:

Erin Shipps said...

I have a lot of days like this and thank God for our husbands. Hope today is brighter!