Sunday, July 6, 2008

have it your own way.

So, recently I 've been slacking on making Dakota's food. I was doing most of it myself before the big move and then it got busy so the jars were easy. Well, I'm back onto making my own. It is soooooooo easy and so much better for her than those jars packed with preservatives. And not to mention much cheaper. Anyone that says it's hard doesn't really know what they are talking about, or can't use a stove, not sure which. It does take some time. But by "time" I mean about an hour. It's a perfect Sunday activity when you are getting ready for the week ahead. I have Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious" and I pull ideas from there. Currently, I have butternut squash in the oven.

Easy steps:
1. Buy a butternut squash.
2. Cut off stem.
3. Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
4. Scoop out seeds.
5. Place halves on baking sheet, flesh down.
6. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until soft.
7. Blend in food processor.

Next on the list today is sweet potatoes, green beans and mixed veggies.

No comments: