Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Teething just plain bites. But motherhood doesn't.

Teething is no fun for little babies. Dakota got her first tooth rather effortlessly last week. All of a sudden, a little white stump appeared on the bottom and we thought it was pretty darn precious. But the past few days, the unexplained crying and overall fussy little girl syndrome has been solved: teething. Lately, she has been forgoing her naps (unfortunately) and is having a tough time going down for the night. She has to be rocked, which is very rare for her. At times, I get a little frustrated, but I take a deep breath...

As I sit in the dark rocking her, I realize there won't be many more opportunities where she just needs her mommy, safe in my arms as she drifts off to sleep and I just have to smile and cherish those moments. She is really something special and I don't want her to ever grow up! Sleep tight, little munchkin. I hope tomorrow will be a fun day for you, I know it will be for me to spend another day with my baby. You are my special little girl and I love being your mommy.




1 comment:

Tish said...

you are a sweet mother my dear