Saturday, June 14, 2008

broken cables and a new business.


Sorry for the absence, friends. The Schreiner household had a small hiccup this past week. We decided to finally say hasta to Time Warner Cable due to their unsatisfactory customer service and poor HD line-up, so we made the switch to Verizon. They are supposed to come out and install next Tuesday. Yesterday morning, as I peered out my window while Jared was getting our Texas license plates, I see a Verizon truck and two guys working on running cable. As soon as they leave, my television stops working and my internet is just blinking on me. As I mumble a few cuss words, I get on the phone with Jared and tell him I think the Verizon people messed something up. He returns home to find they had literally cut RIGHT THROUGH the existing Time Warner cables. THAT WERE CLEARLY MARKED ALL IN OUR YARD IN NEON ORANGE PAINT AND FLAGS. Genius. So we had to call Time Warner with our tails between our legs and have them come out and fix it. TBD on if we are going to make the switch....we'll see how good of a deal they can come up with for that idiotic attempt.


No comments: