Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Frogs! And yellow leaves :(

As I was cleaning up the house tonight, I decided to go out and water my rose. As I opened the door, Layla lept out as usual, but stopped dead in her tracks before I could even get out the door. A FROG ON OUR PATIO! I screamed, and without thinking, slammed the door, leaving Layla to brave the frog all by her lonesome. I turned on the light and became a cheerleader for my tough dog. She walks up to it, it jumps, she jumps higher. As she backs off, she barks and looks at me like LET ME IN YOU CRAZY LADY! The frog takes a jump closer to her, closer to the door. Not sure what to do, I just stare at Layla and start yelling. I get her attention, swing open the door and she high tails it in. I barely see her long tail get in the door before I'm slamming in shut. I guess the rose will have to wait for a drink until tomorrow....

Speaking of watering the greens, I apparently have a bad green thumb. The leaves of my flowers out back are turning yellow. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking it's over-watering but not sure? The one I have inside is doing it as well. Maybe I have a poor drainage system? We won't even get started on my poor African Violet....

No comments: