Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wii Wii!


Christmas 2008 has crept on me so fast. By this time, I am usually done and ready to go. I save the wrapping until December to get in the spirit, but shopping with insane crowds last minute in December does not get me "in the spirit" so I try to finish early. This weekend, I started to have a freak-out thinking about how I have NO GIFTS yet. Okay, I take that back, I have a few. Okay, actually everything I am getting for Dakota is in the guest closet, but I digress....
On Saturday, I decide it's time to buy Jared's. He is at work, so it's a perfect opp to get online and find the best deal on what I'm getting him. I realize this gift is impossible to buy online. So I proceed to spend the next 6 hours watching bids on eBay. What??? Yes, I know, it's a little crazy. Nevermind eBay, I can find one myself! Challenge!
I woke up super early on Sunday morning to scour the ads online to find a Wii. From what I had researched, you had to see if stores were advertising them and if you saw them in the ad, it meant they had a few in stock and was instructed to "jump in the car and head to the store". Upon researching the ads, I found no one advertising the Wii except Kmart. Well, there are no Kmarts in Dallas. Darn. But I got in the car anyway, knowing I am a crazy person when it comes to finding some kind of shopping bargain or must-have and head out.

Stop 1: Target. This is my go-to store for everything. It's close to home, they were bound to come through for me. Right? Negative. No Wii. No one even in the store to ask. It's so dang early I can't even find a soul.

Stop 2: Walmart. Super nice Asst. Manager but no super nice Wii. He helped me locate 2 stores with a few in stock "nearby".

Stop 3: Route nuvi to Walmart (Neighborhood Market). What? This was supposed to be a regular Walmart. Pretty sure the grocery store does not carry Wiis.

Stop 4: Route to Walmart in Ghetto Garland. Find an old Hypermart that is now abandoned. Thanks, nuvi.

Call for back-up at this point: my mom is on stand-by ready to head to her local Kmart to find one because they were advertising them in their ad. She looks up said Walmart location and by this time, I am practically in Downtown Dallas. Hop back on to I-30 towards home and stop in at my 4th Walmart. SUCCESS! After the poor sales guy is in the back of Walmart searching for about 30 minutes, I get the bundle and am on my way.

I arrive home and the fam is awake. Jared is curious and has no clue what I was on the hunt for. I think of the exciting game sitting in my car, lonely and sad. Wait - I have to wait for two months to give him this thing? Oh boy...you know how I am with waiting. I say, you want it? He says yes. I say no you don't! He says you are right. I say are you surrrrrreeee? I start getting excited. He starts getting excited. But I'm thinking there is in no way Mr. Christmas is going to go for this. I tell him I'm going to the car to get it. He says he thinks he knows what it is. So that was a done deal. I couldn't wait to play it or to show him my exciting find. Christmas for Jared came a few months early, but it was worth it.

Although, I'm not sure his idea of a Christmas present is me whooping him up on boxing. And yes, I beat him. At boxing. It's true! And now we have two more games on the way: Cooking Mama (for me, of course) and MLB Baseball. Can't wait! Is it sad I have sore pecks from playing this thing?

For those who don't know, the Wii is a gaming console from Nintendo. After being out for over 2 years, they are still in high demand and hard to find. The Wii offers interactive gaming for the whole family, with controllers that are motion-sensored so you are actually "playing" the game. It is really fun and super addictive!

No comments: