Thursday, September 4, 2008

A good day.

Today, Dakota and I ventured up to the Allen Outlets, my favorite spot in Dallas to shop. They have great stores there, all outlets which is even better. Nike, Baby Gap, Gap, Carters, Coach, J Crew, Fossil, Banana Republic, Childrens Place and the Cosmetics Store are my favorites. As you can see, there are lots of good stores there. I managed to buy Dakota a really cute outfit for her birthday and a few tops for me at Gap. It is nearly impossible to find tops I like, for some strange reason. I guess I am just picky.

We had lunch with Uncle Scott at Tin Star, a fabulous tex mex restaurant. I've never been there before, but with the salsa bar and amazing tacos, I'm sure to go back real soon.


On our way home, we stopped off at Toys R Us to see if I could wrap up D's birthday presents. Well, as I was pulling in, I noticed the store was closing. Bad news: it is the closest store to us, still almost 30 minutes away. Good news: there was a great sale today. I managed to pick up a pink princess see and say, a pink medical kit (can't wait to show Daddy!), a pink corn popper and a great deal on a disney princess toy organizer. Notice a theme here?

I got home and was determined to put this toy organizer together myself. Jared and I had just discussed how we needed something for her room because the living room was getting a bit out of control with all the toys. Dad, you would be proud! I put it together all by myself with a very curious and interested baby trying to help. Pictures below. So, today was a success. I managed to find some great deals to wrap up Dakota's birthday presents and organize and clean up the house a bit.

I think we are done with Dakota's birthday. Yesterday, on Daddy's day off, we went to Target so he could pick out a toy for her birthday. Of course, he picks out the biggest Mickey Mouse airplane rider there. It is really cool, though. So as the guest room is piled high with goodies, it's safe to say we are D-O-N-E. (Famous last words.)







1 comment:

Andrea said...

Haha, I love all the pink! Dakota is too stinking cute.