Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Layla Hershey Schreiner, April 2, 2005

Happy Birthday, Layla Hershey! Today, Layla is 3 years old. It's hard to remember the day Jared found an ad in the paper for "West Pinchers", Westie/Min Pin mixes and we traveled to BFE Missouri to pick out our little princess. I remember the day we drove there - Addie in tow and arrived to find 2 mischievious little puppies tearin it up in the basement of a house. The whole way home, we wondered what to name her. She has come so far.

Last night was Layla's second night of obedience class. Yes, Layla Hershey is currently in school, working towards her Masters in Obedience. The first week, I happily gave up my training duties to Jared since I was in Dallas house-hunting. Jared took her the first night and learned the key words: off, uh-huh and perrrrrrrrfect. Last night, I went with a little a few reservations, but came out with a new dog. Well, kind of. We worked on lose leash walking last night up and down the aisles of PetsMart and I have to say, Layla did pretty good. She had her special moments, though. But the instructor did say she could already see improvement. See - Layla is a good dog afterall!

Layla is also featured in a poster all over Pennsylvania. Okay, not really, but sort of. I designed a poster for my sister's upcoming show about a dog that is an agent to the stars. Who is the model in the picture? None other than Layla! See below for her big debut. Apparently, she is getting lots of comments. Naturally.

No comments: