Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Forgive my absence

So, things have been a little crazy around here in Schreinerville. For a while there, I thought no one was even really reading this blog. But alas, my dad informs me that I've been slacking on my blog and that he had been directing a lot of people here, so I better keep up on my blogging duties as a mom.


This seems like a good time in our lives to update friends and family. Lots has happened.


We feel very blessed in our lives right now. On March 20, we attended to much-anticipated Match Day at KU Med. This is where all the 4th year students find out where they will be attending their residencies. I must point out the highlight of the day - Daddy and Dakota's matching outfits. Jared (whether he admits it or not) was a little hesitant on wearing these so-called matching outfits, but it was a huge hit! As Jared's name was called to the stage to read his fate, his good friend Jon shouted, "Nice shorts!" And everyone laughed. He then speaks into the microphone, "My wife dressed us today." And everyone went, "awwwwwwwww". It was pretty dang cute, but I don't really remember all of it because it was a blur until he read he had matched at The University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas! We were so incredibly excited as that was Jared's #1 choice.


After match, we went down to Dallas to search for a house - the hunt was on! With the help of one awesome father and father-in-law, Lee, Mr. house guru himself. We now officially call him Dakota's nanny because he was so helpful the whole trip. Dakota was a real trooper. Each day, we would pile into the car and head out to Rowlett, Texas (about 30 minutes from Amy and Scott's house) and look at numerous houses all day. Luckily, we matched up with an agent my sister was good friend's with and (knock on wood) we have finally found a house!* The plan is close May 20, right after Jared's graduation.


*currently in final negotiations.


Dakota had her 6 month appointment today. Funny enough, she was in the 92% for her head circumfrence and 11% in weight. But, all is well and great with Little Miss Smiley and the doctor says she looks great. She got the go-ahead for more fruits, veggies and cereal along with a sippy cup with water and snack crackers! Oh boy!


Here are a few pictures from Match Day. In the future, I will try to post more often to keep everyone updated.


No comments: