Thursday, January 10, 2008

First day of blogging

I decided to start a blog for the Schreiner family in 2008. I thought this would be a good way to keep an online journal of Dakota's milestones and fun moments as well as keep our friends and family updated on our lives.

We will moving at the end of May. Where is still up in the air. Jared has just finished his interview trail across the country for an Emergency Medicine residency. So far, a few favorites are Dallas, Indianapolis, University of North Carolina, Iowa, Phoenix and Orlando. We will find out where we are moving in March on "Match Day". We are really excited to find out!

Just last week, I officially traded in laptops and meetings for bottles and diapers full-time. I am no longer a copywriter for Garmin. It was a bittersweet moment - loved the job, but am really excited to be able to spend my days with Dakota and raising our beautiful daughter. I hope to get some freelance writing jobs from some of my connections to advertising in KC.

I also am back into baking and decorating cakes. In fact, I have a cake order for April 12 - my biggest yet - a wedding cake for 350 people! Wish me luck!

No comments: